I’m often asked what philosophy I follow since I offer meditations and perspective on life. I was a member of a non-profit called the Center for Self Teaching. My husband, who passed away in 2011, was the founder. He was an extraordinary meditation teacher, intuitive and philosopher. He offered insight to thousands of people and I learned the Way of Self Teaching from him. I’m currently working on a book that explains this philosophy in-depth.
One of the central tenets is that we’re our own best teachers—if we observe the patterns of our life, cultivate awareness and compassion, we can find any answers or truths that we need. Other principles:
- Make space for mindful awareness and meditation
- Practice compassion and non-judgement
- Acknowledge the interconnectedness of the universe
- Strive for moderation in all things
- Trust yourself
- Live with creative purpose
I strive to live my life by each of these and continue to learn and evolve as I follow this philosophy.